Part 1: Customized Client Teams Ensure that Everyone Wins
I formulated the Team Concept here at ELEETE Real Estate because one of the greatest flaws of the Real Estate industry today is that it typically provides the client with only one person to serve them. One person can only do so much and candidly, even Realtors need down time. For example, when an agent is showing homes to one client and providing their undivided attention, their other clients may be calling or texting as they have an urgent issue. In most other industries in the world, you would call the company and one of the other employees would be there to address their needs, but this is typically not the case in Real Estate. Thus, what suffers is customer service, the one thing that ensures you will have satisfied clients that will provide you with ongoing repeat and referral business.
I chose to face this obstacle head-on and build a company model that would not only provide excellent customer service for our clients, but also provide our agents with the peace of mind that they could focus on their present clients at hand and know that the company was there to temporarily serve their other clients until such time they would be available. Thus, the Two Broker Team Concept was born, insuring that each client had two points of contact at the company from day one.
Today, our team culture is incredibly popular with our agents and clients alike. Here is how it works:
Two Broker Teams at ELEETE:
- Teams are created on an individual file basis. The agent with the prospective client is known as the Lead Broker and they select their Co-Broker.
- Our company breaks down agents into two classifications. All agents can be Lead Brokers, and every client team is required to have a Senior Broker.
- Senior Brokers (experienced)
- Associate Brokers (typically agents in the business for less than two years)
- To select a Co- Broker, our agents will look at the company roster and consider the following factors to determine their most complimentary partner to add to their file.
- Demographic – Does this Co-broker have commonality with the client?
- Location – Does this Co-broker live in the area of the prospective client?
- Track Record – Does the Co-Broker have a track record of success that will bring performance credibility to the team?
- Experience – All Associate Brokers are required to select from our pool of Senior Brokers. Often Senior Co-Brokers are selected based on their willingness to mentor and provide both the client and the lead broker with counsel.
- Availability –Co-Brokers are often selected on good luck and timing of being around the office.
- Compatibility and Reliability – Agents learn over time who they like to team with and who brings the most to the table depending on the type of transaction and the specific needs of the Lead Broker.
- Teams are constantly changing and thus all agents have the opportunity to learn from one another. On the other side, alliances are born and many agents prefer to specifically team with the same agent on most of their transactions.
- Agents who have their own individual teams are autonomous and are not required to participate in the company team system. That said, the established teams still often are selected to be the Co-Broker.
Hear from our Brokers:
“I tremendously benefited from the Co-Broker team model when I first started out at ELEETE Real Estate. Starting off as a brand-new broker, I was immediately mentored by various brokers and their different communication and negotiation styles. I had the pleasure of working with some of the best brokers in Portland which allowed me to learn how to navigate a successful transaction from beginning to end. I was also capable to showcase my strengths which landed me more permanent team positions while trying to build my own business. Becoming a Senior Broker, I truly enjoy mentoring Associate Brokers and hope they are going to become as successful as I have over the last couple of years. I love that I still get to work with any broker I see fit and be able to develop a partnership that ultimately benefits our clients in the best way possible. On a personal note, as a single mother, the Co-Broker team has allowed me to take time off to spend time with my daughter, volunteer at her school, or visit family & friends outside of Portland. Here at ELEETE we “walk the talk” when we say that we ‘Provide Expertise and Deliver Excellence.’” – Jasmin Hausa, Senior Broker